This is my absolute favorite thing she makes. She found the recipe in a book called "Skinny Bitch in the Kitch". Notice how I stopped filming when she asked me to? She is going to kill me.
6oz rice noodles (cooked and drained accorsing to directions)
1/4 cup agave nectar (ya-I know but its worth it)
1/4 cup mirin
3 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoons sriracha
2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
14-16 oz extra-firm tofu
1/2 red onion cut into 1/4 inch slices
2 cloves of garlic minced
3 scallions halved lenthwise and cut into 2 in. pieces
2 cups bean sprouts
1 carrot shredded
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup roasted peanuts-chopped
4-8 lime wedges
-------------------------------------------------------------
1. In a bowl mix the agave, mirin, ketchup, tamari, lime juice and sriracha and mix and set aside
2. Heat coconut oil in wok- add the tofu and stir fry for 4 minutes
3. Add the red onion and stir fry for 30 seconds
4. Add garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds
5. Add the noodles and mixture to wok and cook until noodles are soft and coated
6. Add rest of ingredients and stir fry for a few more seconds
7. This is good stuff... enjoy!
This looks and sounds really delicious. But every time we've attempted pad thai our noodles are a disaster - even though we follow the directions on the packaging. Maybe we'll try again and follow this recipe!
ReplyDeleteI love pad thai! I've had everything to make it for weeks now and not got around to it. My recipe is a lot different. This looks really delicious! And I like that book!
ReplyDeleteI'm really impressed! That looks like a really complicated recipe. I agree with Christy. All my attempts with pad thai noodles have been soggy disasters. Also impressive, a husband who listens when his wife says, "Ireally don't want to be on film now". Unique. But Kate, you look really skinny to me.
ReplyDeleteMMMM this sounds yummy. My husband HATES my pad thai I will have to try this recipe and see if he likes it.
ReplyDeleteThat looks soooo yummy!!!!! I am going to have to try and make that.
ReplyDeletehttp://harlemshaterade.blogspot.com
Well, the video isn't there anymore, does that mean you got caught?
ReplyDeletefunny, it showed up after I commented...Yeah, I think u are going to get it!
ReplyDelete