One of me and my wife's favorite recipes is called, "Nancy was right mac&cheese". Kate and I were just dating and Nancy was her roommate. They were kind of a package deal. A long time ago Nancy and I were cooking dinner and she wanted to make this recipe. My first reaction was of utter disgust. Who puts cottage cheese in something like this? I was dead wrong and now this recipe is one of my go-to's. Thank you Nancy!
8oz Cheddar (shredded)
1 3/4 cup macaroni
1 cup plain yogurt
1 beaten egg
3/4 tsp salt & a few decent sized pinches of pepper
2 cups small curd cottage cheese
paprika (I actually use cayenne)
Italian Bread Crumbs
-----------------------------
1. cook pasta according to box, drain
2. in a bowl add cheese,yogurt,egg, S&P, cottage cheese and mix
3 Pour past into the bowl and mix
4 add pasta mix to a lightly buttered casserole dish, pan or whatever
5 bake at 350 covered with tin foil for 40 minutes
6. remove and top with bread crumbs and lightly sprinkle paprika
7. bake for about 5-10 more minutes
(use paper towels to blot out grease that will accumulate on the sides occasionally)
Mmmmmmm. I love mac and cheese. I may have to try this one. I've used ricotta before, but not cottage cheese.
ReplyDeleteMy SIL makes it with cottage cheese. It pretty good. I will have to try this recipe though it sounds delish thanks fro sharing!
ReplyDeleteI've never had mac 'n' cheese with cottage cheese. I bet it makes it creamy and yummy!
ReplyDeletemmmm, mac & cheese. I lurve it! Feel free to make another batch up and ship it to me anytime! :)
ReplyDeletesounds good!
ReplyDelete