Friday, May 22, 2009

My crockpots a hussy

Dear Crockpot,

My feelings for you have grown over the past few months.

I always told people that I would never touch you because you are so easy and it would make me feel dirty. Now, I need to see you every so often to give me my fix. All I need to do is turn you on and add some bullshit and you always satisfy me.

I'm sorry to say this...you are still a hussy but I love you and can't wait to be with you again.

Love,

Chris

----------------------------------------------------

A little background... I met her last fall.

I entered the office chili cook off and the only rule was that you needed to use a crock pot. So I went to Target to buy one. I got the cheapest one since I was never going to use it again.

Turns out I was wrong... It just was too convenient, too easy. I immeditely fell in love.

Here is the first recipe aside from this chili I made and it was Fantastic. Try it!

Epilogue: I got second place in the contest-which PISSES ME OFF.

4 comments:

  1. I won a crockpot at a Christmas party last year. And ohmygod it's so great, isn't it? I have a great meatball recipe on my site. I'm going to bookmark this one from yours. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha- terrific writing. Mmmmmm- I've always loved chicken and dumplings. I used to make great pot roast in the crockpot that Kate loved. I think it involved beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crockpot. Never did understand your thing for the complicated types.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh come on. crockpot is bliss. At least it is for this working woman. AND it's a money saver, because the crockpot meal is the amped-up, marine corps equivalent of a casserole - it's meatier, it's juicier, it cooks itself, it's precise, it takes less energy, doesn't heat up the house, and the leftovers last longer (so therefore it's cheaper) than any casserole.

    So, anyway, that being said, let me offer you a surprisingly great crockpot chili recipe I tried several months ago that we love. Carrots in chili? three beans? Kind of weird, I know, but we love chili and I was looking to make a new and different kind than the one I was entering into contests year after year, and I give this my whole-hearted stamp of approval. So do many guests at my house.

    So, here ya go, in case you ever want to check it out- bon appetit :)
    http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/crockpotrecipes/r/crock3beanchili.htm

    ReplyDelete