
This picture cant be real.... it would be a better show though.
Chicken Marsala with Rice & Parmesan Bake
I've made it. It's easy. It's good.
Okay... so I read her magazine cover to cover. Bite me!
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
10 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup marsala wine or white wine (MARSALA MARSALA)
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley (I used dried)
Salt and pepper
1 cup long-grain rice
2 packed cups coarsely chopped rotisserie chicken (or boil a breast and chop)
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (I used a lot more)
Cook it!
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat until just melted. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour on top and stir in for 1 minute. Stir in the marsala and cream and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in 2 cups water, the parsley, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
2. In a greased 9-inch-by-13-inch casserole, spread the rice in an even layer; top with the chicken. Pour the mushroom gravy on top. Cover snugly with foil and bake until bubbly, about 35 minutes. Discard the foil, sprinkle the parmesan on top and bake for 5 minutes more.
Chicken Marsala with Rice & Parmesan Bake
I've made it. It's easy. It's good.
Okay... so I read her magazine cover to cover. Bite me!
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
10 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup marsala wine or white wine (MARSALA MARSALA)
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley (I used dried)
Salt and pepper
1 cup long-grain rice
2 packed cups coarsely chopped rotisserie chicken (or boil a breast and chop)
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (I used a lot more)
Cook it!
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat until just melted. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour on top and stir in for 1 minute. Stir in the marsala and cream and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in 2 cups water, the parsley, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
2. In a greased 9-inch-by-13-inch casserole, spread the rice in an even layer; top with the chicken. Pour the mushroom gravy on top. Cover snugly with foil and bake until bubbly, about 35 minutes. Discard the foil, sprinkle the parmesan on top and bake for 5 minutes more.
I can vouch for this. It's excellent. And Chris is only telling half the story. He SUBSCRIBES to RR's magazine.
ReplyDeleteI'm temporarily blinded by "Rachael Ray" in a bra...
ReplyDeleteHaha! Too funny.
ReplyDeleteI'm printing this one out too.
That's RACHEL RAY?!!! Give me a break! That is definitely a doctored photo. The recipe sounds great though.
ReplyDeleteLOL the photos of rachael ray are REAL! She posed for Maxim many years ago. There are five photos total and she looks fit and sexy. You can probably google
ReplyDeleteAs for this recipe, 10 oz of mushrooms? Hello, can i get an English measurement? I do not have anything that measures ounces in my kitchen, as embarassing as that is!
correction, if you are googling the photos are from FHM magazine
ReplyDeleteI just use about 5-6, it doesn't matter too much. Slice them thin.
ReplyDeleteI saw the rest of her pictures... the one with her and the chocolate spoon would be a little bit much.
I can tell you the Rachel Ray pictures are doctored, because I've seen guys with more impressive cleavage than she has...not to mention her child bearing hips...
ReplyDeleteI have to admit also that I hate Rachel Ray and I want to see a circus clown punch her in the mouth...