
So, on the subway to work today I was reading my Rachael Ray mag. My wife got it for me, OK!
I saw this recipe for Minestra (I guess Minestrone) with Sweet Sausage. I checked the website and it isn't up. I'm sorry Rachael but I want to make this- it looks fantastic!
Minestra With Sweet Sausage
2Tbs Sweet Sausage
1Lb Sweet Sausage (really? No hot?)
1 Onion Chopped 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1 15.5 oz can cannellini beans
2 Bunches escaraole-coarsley shredded
S&P
Nutmeg
4 Cups Chicken Stock
3/4 Cup whole wheat penne or ditalini
2 Tsp grated lemon peel Grated Pecorino Romano/Parmesan
1. In a soup pot, heat EVOO, 2 turns of pan, over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes, the stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the beans and escaraole; season with S&P and a little nutmeg. Add the chicken stock and 2 cups of agua, cover and bring to a boil.
2. Uncover the pot, stir in the pasta, lower the heat and cook until the pasta is al dente, 6-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon peel. Load on the cheez!
OK, so this is my dinner on Friday. Let me know if you try it first.
Also, I totally stole this picture from Perez Hilton and the recipe from HER magazine.
No comments:
Post a Comment