Tuesday, August 11, 2009

All American Summer Day

On Friday I got my hands on the best baseball tickets I have ever had. So I invited my next door neighbor and two friends from the office (you invite one then you have to invite the other as they are a couple). We got to sit right on top of the Nats dugout on the 1st base line. I literally was able to put my beer and chili dog on top of the dugout---until I got yelled at to remove them.

I was torn as to who to cheer for. It was the Nationals vs. Diamondbacks. So I just enjoyed the game for what it was. One of my teams was going to lose. The Diamondbacks STINK. If you get soundly beaten by the Nationals then you have a bad club. Poor Dbacks. Also, I now have a new favorite player. Nyjer Morgan. I saw him steal a base after slapping a ball to left field for a single. Nyjer is one of the fastest players I have EVER seen and is currently 4th in steals in the Major Leagues.



The new Nationals stadium is awesome. Its beautiful and its actually GREEN, meaning as environmentally safe as a stadium can be. But I have to tell you that the food places there are top notch. They even have a Ben's Chili Bowl. If Obama can eat Bens then I certainly can too. Hail to the Chief! And hail to the Nationals for their 8 game winning streak!


3 comments:

  1. I like how you got to write about another passion (sports) and still tied it in to food. Ben's Chili Bowl is becoming a national institution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear God He looks like a python eating a cow. No wonder why the Republican hate him. He might eat them!

    ReplyDelete