My wife, The Friday Chef, used the crock pot again and made pulled pork sandwiches, with home made cole slaw. We can freeze a few portions of this and eat them later. So, our freezer is getting stocked lately. Also, I found a good article on food shopping on
washingtonpost.com . Some good thoughts there.
Basically I put a 6 lb pork butt (Boston Butt) into the crock pot with some cut up onions, S&P, a shot of bourbon, and some hot sauce for about 6 hours on low. While I was at work I had Kate drain the liquid from the pork, chop it and put it back into the crock pot with a bottle of BBQ sauce on low. I can tell you that the house smelled awesome when I got home from work.
Kate quote :"It looks like the meat is talking to you". Funny.
The pork was good. I made the cole slaw when I got home and we toasted some buns and had pulled pork sandwiches for dinner. Im having one for lunch today as well....At least I brought my fish oil pills and am going to swim before I eat lunch.... cuz you know.... I'm on a health kick....?
WELCOME JULIA CHILD! I loved the performance. These crockpot meals that can be frozen are a great idea!
ReplyDeleteyr gorgeous and fabulous and I love you. And I love pork. ace!
ReplyDeleteThat looks great! Famous Dave's has restaurants in Utah. I've never been there but the Mormons seem to like it.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck with your Friday Meal thingy!
Over from Kate's blog! She done great!!
ReplyDeleteFor my pulled pork, I use a boneless picnic shoulder and an envelope of McCormack's Pulled Pork stuff. Crockpot it til it's done, then shred it with two forks. And it's fab!
That meal looks delicious and Kate is adorable on film. Miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteLooks great! You're adorable and you're SO lucky to have a husband who's a foodie. My Chris? He eats cinnamon bears with wine. No shit.
ReplyDeleteKATE! You are adorable. That was so fun to watch. Now I want pulled pork.
ReplyDeleteKate, you are fabulous!! Can I come over for dinner?!
ReplyDeleteThat is one of my husband's favorite meals and I rarely make it. You've inspired me.
ReplyDeleteAnd you look fabulous on film Kate.