
Oh I totally screwed this experiment up. I bought a roaster chicken the other night and we didnt finish all of the meat. So I decided to experiment the next day with the leftovers. Chicken & Potato latkes. I remember having them at my friend Mikes house when I was a kid. His mom made them from scratch. So I figured, what the hell... So I mixed the rest of the chicken with 2 potatos that had been run through a grater, 2 eggs that had been beaten, some bread crumbs, and some shaved corn. Oh hell, how hard can making a latke be?
Dear Mrs. Katz,
Im sorry, I should have been paying attention to you while you were making those fantastic latkes. My first attempt was a complete failure. Maybe you were right. Mike and I really are idiots.
Love,
Chris
I should have looked at a recipe at least.....
Im sorry, I should have been paying attention to you while you were making those fantastic latkes. My first attempt was a complete failure. Maybe you were right. Mike and I really are idiots.
Love,
Chris
I should have looked at a recipe at least.....
LOL! That picture you posted look delicious! I have a potato latke recipe that I really like. If you want, I could post it later today or tomorrow for you :o) They're not so hard.
ReplyDeleteNow MATZO BALLS. Matzo balls are tough!
lol. i find they are hard. but i do know you have to grate onion as well. My husband's family is jewish. She uses onion powder too. And A LOT of oil for the frying. I haven't been able to do it right yet. Adding the chicken = a weird twist to tell you the truth.
ReplyDeleteBut honestly it seems easy, right? Yeah like that chicken, broccoli and rice casserole I made that turned out so terrible. You would think it would be the easiest thing in the world, to wing that. FAIL