
Want to make an amazing taste of summer on the grill? I made something like this the other week for my mother in law. But tonight I decided to add some other stuff to it. Here it is:
Add all of this into a bowl with salt, olive oil & pepper:
3 Green squash - slice thinly like in the picture.
2 Red pepper - halved
3 ears of white corn
1 onion halved (think the equator)
4 Pasilla Peppers
Turn to coat.
The pasillas just need to blacken on all sides then move to the indirect heat side.
The onions go on the direct heat side and blacken both sides a little and then move to
indirect. But keep them close to the heat as onions take a while to really soften.
Red peppers need to blacken then move to indirect.
The corn needs to be burned a little on 2 sides and move to indirect.
Cook the squash directly until both sides are done (light green & soft should be gone). Move to the indirect & the coolest part of the grill.
Cover the indirect cooking veges (but make sure there is still a lot of air coming in) and use your best judgement.
Shave the ears of corn into a bowl.
Remove the charred skins from all the peppers.
Cut the rest (whatever size you like) of the vegetables and mix with corn in bowl. I added a few drops of the hot sauce as well.
Also: If anybody is listening.... This is what I want to do for Fathers Day. Just give me an hour alone and I will make you a nice dinner.
Duly noted. The things I do for you...
ReplyDeletehi, chris, thx for stopping by my blog.
ReplyDeletei love your recipes and stories too!
i wish my son could be my sous chef some day too!
toss that sucker with some rigatoni . . . that's dinner for two nights for approximately $8.00!
ReplyDelete