Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Who am I making dinner for?

OK. So I read other blogs. And a lot of women's blogs (they seem to be the people who do most of the cooking). So I know that most of my readers are women, and I'd like to get their take on this.

I found this funny picture in Google images. It was part of a blog post about what body types men and women prefer.

And the labels above hold true for me. It wasn't the girl in the middle that caught my eye. Actually, she wasn't even #2. Sorry Hollywood.

Ok, so there is an issue here....

I even bet that you made some assumptions about all 3 of them already. Middle girl- she eats tofu, works out, and maybe even really doesn't eat much. Girl on the right-maybe you think that she might be called larger but fit girl. Maybe she likes to have pizza and beers with her boyfriend or husband every Thursday. But she is not and would never be considered fat. Maybe she plays soccer or something. Girl on the left- She is not as toned as the other girls. Shes got curves though. She does seem to be a little softer than the other two.

So because I am a pig at heart, and love food. Which girl would I let have a nice dinner with me?

Middle girl- I bet you are quite spunky and fun but I enjoy cooking for a girl and sitting down to a nice dinner. I could be wrong and you might be able to out eat me but...you are a little skinny for my tastes anyway. Next.

Girl on the right-I bet you are a really fun girl to hang with. But I'm not really into blonds. Next.

Girl on the left- Hi, I'm Chris. Yes, I like a girl that looks like a woman but that isn't what caught my eye (aside from the very nice backside)... it was the "come hither look". Yes, and I bet you would help me cook and polish off the bottle with me as well....

SUMMARY:

Girls in the picture, you are all very pretty. Guys are easy. I'd have dinner with all of you since I bet you all have your own stories and are probably a lot of fun to be with. But really, the first one to give me "the look" over the shoulder wins. Truth.

16 comments:

  1. First of all - girl in the middle? Not a size 8. MAYBE a model sample size 8 - but not an off the rack at Ann Taylor size 8. But regardless - I found this revelation kind of shocking. I totally thought middle girl looked the best. No ribs sticking out or lack of hips (they're discreet but they're there)...but Chris insisted that she was "too skinny."

    So if men prefer the fluffier girls, why are they labeled "fat" by all the frat boys? I'm skeptical - but glad to know that I married one of the good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you will be popular today! Here's what I don't get...I'm a size 4 but don't look nearly as good as little missy in the middle there. What's up with that? Just goes to show you how very different our bodies are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a size 12. If i lost 20 lbs I'd be a 10, or MAYBE an 8 but no matter how much weight I lose, it seems i can't get lower than a 10. This was really good to hear. And I think that middle girl is smaller than an 8.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the confusion may be because the sizes on the picture are UK sizes - they look about right to me (UK 8 = US 4, UK 12 = US 8, etc).

    I'm a UK 8-10 (depending on the shop... I seem to be a US 4 based on my recent visit to the malls of Boulder) at the moment, but I've never been on a diet in my life and it wouldn't be fun being skinny if I couldn't eat a fry-up for breakfast! Yep, I like my food :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they're all beautiful because of their smooth skin! Not one of those women has a wrinkle, a sag, or a visible divot. Three gorgeous women is what I see! [Your wife puts them all to shame though. ;-)]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would pretty much get down with any of them, if I were a boy and stuff. It is so nice to know that my guy isn't the only one who prefers a more curvy appearance. But I would also cut off my right arm to look like middle girl. And I'm right handed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that these are probably the UK sizes. Also all these women are models with beautiful faces and skin (that might be airbrushed). They are tall and have long legs and that makes a huge difference. I doubt that these sizes would be perceived the same way if you had 3 women who were all under 5'5.

    Also I think Chris might just be an a** man (no other butts are showing!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big Piece of Cake sent me over and I am in love with you now. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I don't think Miss Middle is an 8. Nevertheless, it is very refreshing to know that Hollywood skinny isn't what 'regular' men find attractive. My husband prefers curves to hip bones too.

    Also, I second Scary Mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know about UK sizes, but I know they're not realistic US sizes. And their skin - flawless! And like Gwen, I'd give my eyeteeth to look like the one in the middle.

    Great post Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What happens when you are thinner than an 8, but don't look like that size 8, or even that 12, when naked? Of course they've picked models that are fairly toned, have no cellulite, and have nice air-brushed skin. But the reality is that MOST size 8 girls don't look that size 8.

    But, regardless of the actual number, it is nice to know that you don't have to be skin & bones to be attractive. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is hilarious. i agree with all above comments but i wouldn't give eyeteeth to look like middle girl. I kinda like the way i look i guess. i think perfection is kinda boring.

    chris are you going for shock factor or what? at this point i am just going to have to tell my husband to bookmark your blog b/c this is the umpteenth time you have posted nudity on your blog. you are really going for a male audience here. NSFW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, you are hilarious. I prefer the blond girl's body on the right.

    I love your reasoning for who you chose!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's a funny story for you. Today in the shop during a quiet moment I decided to see what was new on the Hood blog scene. I had just clicked onto the picture of the 3 naked beauties when my computer totally froze. Just then a woman walked in and wanted me to help her select a rug so I went with her to do that. A few minutes later, having chosen the rug, we headed back to the counter when I saw in horror the screen glowing with naked women cozied up together!!! What was I going to say? Oh, I'm just checking out my son-in-law's cooking blog?!!!!! Thankfully, I glanced her way and saw she was looking the other way at a great orange pillow that would go with her rug and hadn't seen the picture. I ran over, pulled the plug and got back the normal sales receipt screen. Humiliating scene averted! Although, come to think of it, it's Gaypride weekend here in Key West so maybe she wouln't have thought a thing of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Size 8, 12 and 16? No, NO and NOOO! Interesting to see what everyone finds attractive. Me? I'm your average chick, I'll take the one in the middle for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all, homegirls are all HALF the sizes they are posted as.

    That said, I have perfected the "over the shoulder" look...

    And I'm pretty sure it works no matter which girl you are. ;-)

    ReplyDelete