Louisa is about a 2 hour drive into the center of Virginia from suburban DC. Basically next to James Madison's Montpelier. The contest was in a field next to a lake in the middle of the woods. A beautiful setting.
I could smell the smoke coming from the contestants' fires even before we saw the field. Some of these contestants were SERIOUS about their competitions! I had a great time, the kids had a good time and Kate..... well isn't a BBQ fan (I'll make it up to you honey).
We could only stay for so long due to it being very hot and the kids' relatively short attention spans... and the fact that we caught Oliver happily trying to get back into the moon bounce with blood pouring out of his nose. I think it got a little rough in there. But here are some pics of our trip! Next year will be even better when we go since the kids will hopefully try the BBQ, not try to dive into the lake or put their hands on hot smokers, not jump in front of moving contestants' cars, and actually sit still for pictures.
Aw, that last one's adorable! I loved it when we lived in Reno and they had the rib festival. Mmmm! Nothin' like that smell :o)
ReplyDeleteLoved taking a peek at your weekend.Thank you!
ReplyDeleteMmmm, I love BBQ! My husband just made homemade BBQ last week for the first time. We're having it again this week. I couldn't get enough!!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! It sounds like you had your hands full with your curious little munchkins!
ReplyDelete