Once again... this isnt about cooking. Its about my life and one of the most important people in my life. My brother. I went to his wedding this weekend. Not only did I go to his wedding but I performed the ceremony as well. He and his lovely new wife are perfect for each other and I was so honored to be asked to marry them. I went online and got ordained last week. I think I pulled it off-with a slight stutter and a stammer here and there but good nonetheless. But this isnt about me. Its about them. I wish them years of happiness, love, understanding and most important of all-friendship since at the end of the day that is what matters most.
The wedding took place on a sailboat outside of San Diego. The setting was perfect. She looked beautiful. Did I mention that this weekend was the first time I met her? My brother isnt a suit guy but he looked great in a nice grey suit and a light tie (I think that it has been years since he wore one last). I brought my daughter with me as well and she, aside from the wedding, was the center of attention. I know that their memories of that day will last forever.
I love you.
The wedding took place on a sailboat outside of San Diego. The setting was perfect. She looked beautiful. Did I mention that this weekend was the first time I met her? My brother isnt a suit guy but he looked great in a nice grey suit and a light tie (I think that it has been years since he wore one last). I brought my daughter with me as well and she, aside from the wedding, was the center of attention. I know that their memories of that day will last forever.
I love you.
Awwww! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
So nice. I bet the little one was a hit! That's awesome that you were able to perform the ceremony and doubly awesome that you can get ordained online now! :)
ReplyDeleteIn case anyone is wondering why the rest of us weren't there...a weekend trip across the country with 3 small children sounded pretty god awful. And this is Chris' only brother - so he needed to really be in the moment and not stressing out about the monsters.
ReplyDeleteBut I got to see pictures and it looked lovely. AND for the ladies reading, you might swoon a little when you hear that with her retail connections, the was able to get a Vera Wang and and all of the required fittings done within a couple of weeks. It was pretty spectacular...
Awwww... how did you know I could use a bigass dose of schmoop this morning?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the heart warming. :-)
What a great day for you!
ReplyDelete