I love that scene from Just Shoot Me. I love to make Chicken Pot Pie. Here are the directions with pictures...Chicken pot chicken pot chicken pot pieeeeeeeee.
4 cups vege mix (peas/carrots etc)
1 1/2 TBS veg oil
3 TBS butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
3TBS flour
1 TSP curry powder (I use a boatload more)
2 TBS parsley
1 TSP Salt & 1 1/2 TSP Pepper
2 cups cubed chicken (boil first)
2 store bought pie crusts
___________________________________
1. Oven 400 degrees
2. Toss veges in oil and spread on a sheet pan cook until browned
3. In pan heat 1 TBS butter & sweat the onion & celery
4. in separate saucepan slowly bring milk & broth to simmer
5. add last 2 TBS butter to celery & onion mix until water is gone
6. add curry & flour to celery/onion mix. cook 1-2 minutes
7. whisk in milk/broth and cook until thick
8. add parsley & pepper
9. Add everything to pie crust that you baked for about 5 mins in oven
10. Cover with 2nd pie crust
11. Cook it for 25 mins.
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
MMMM that looks yummy. I love chicken pot pie. I have never made it homemade. I think I will add it to next weeks menu. Thanks
ReplyDeleteChris that is too hard. Can you kitchen test an easy version. Something like:
ReplyDelete-dump bag of veggie mix into pie crust. Mix around with butter and other seasonings. Throw in leftover chicken scraps from taco night. Add salt and pepper. Flop on another pie crust and bake.
Yours looks delectable . . . you have a lot of energy
Your pot pie looks great! I've never made a big one before, just tiny ones. It's great comfort food!
ReplyDeleteJust had some for dinner. It's pretty damn good!
ReplyDeleteI might try this. My husband would be amazed if I made it turn out well that is.
ReplyDelete