Remember being a kid during the summer? Going to the pool? Eating popsicles? This summer has been relatively cool here in DC and actually quite enjoyable. I cant wait for the kids to be older. I am going to have them join a local swim team-heck I may even volunteer to help coach, be a timer, or a turn judge. It is really exciting to think about my kids doing something that has always meant so much to me. I remember doing summer swim league when I was a little guy. I swam for Mountain View Country Club and was a pretty good swimmer. I hope they take away from it what I did. Fun and competition. I will never expect my kids to achieve what I did (Division I collegiate athletic scholarship) but I hope that they learn the amazing feeling of competing to win. It doesn't matter much to me if the win or if they are good or not. Its more about being on a team and working towards a goal.
Mediterranean Bean Salad
1 day ago
hahaha I love swimming (and miss it!) and Conan! Awesome.
ReplyDeleteYour kids are so cute - and look at all them noodles! I love Conan!
ReplyDeleteahem . . . love how you stuck in the not so veiled reference to your swimming scholarship . .. sure there is no pressure?
ReplyDeleteyou will make a great coach
siren.... you may have me pegged. I will never say anything to them about being that good at something... but somehow I will let them all know that I beleive that they can accomplish anything...
ReplyDelete