Friday, July 10, 2009

Chinese Fire Drill


OK. I got lazy. It was a long week at work. I work in the construction industry and there have been layoffs left and right. I kept my job. My family will be fed and clothed. I was emotionally exhausted at the end of the week and just wanted to make a quick and easy dinner that tasted good. I cheated. I took the easy way out. Okay you caught me, I had beers with the boys before I got on the subway home and then went shopping for dinner! A little advice- make things yourself. Dont use the recipe on the back of a bottle. No self respecting cook would do what I did. I have to tell you that it was terrible and ate cheese and crackers for dinner instead. "Father, forgive me for I have sinned."

4 comments:

  1. Take heart, you can't become a premier chef without a few disasters to learn from. Where on earth did you find that confessional photo? Shades of my childhood....cringe, shiver, shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your dinner didn't work out. Don't feel too bad - back of the bag chocolate chip cookies are good - so how could you have known?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the nerve to pick up dehydrated miso soup once when hubby and I were making sushi. Sinful indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL your graphics are so entertaining. I want to borrow the confessional photo. where do you find these?

    Ok but from that brand, the peanut sauce (badang peanut sauce?) stuff is really good, if you mix it with cooked/grilled chicken, cooked noodles, green onions. So easy. And some sriracha. Just a tip for the future.

    I have really messed up some stuff before. I am glad you post your disasters. Keeps us all humble.

    ReplyDelete