Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm the Kitchen Nazi



So my wife is going to be a stay at home mom. Along with all of the crazy shit that she is going to have to put up with day to day I decided to concede some control in my kitchen. I do all of the cooking in the house. Its not that she can't cook but more along the line of it's what I enjoy doing. So I decided that Friday dinner is all hers from here on out. She can plan all week for it. She must be rusty since she and I have been living together (over 10 years) she has not really had to do much in the kitchen. So last night I tossed her the softball and asked her to hit it out of the park for me.

I looked up a recipe for a crock pot chicken dish and pulled all of the spices out of the cabinets, the measuring cups, the crock pot (my mistress-they had to meet sometime), vegetables and sent her an email detailing my explicit instructions on how to change the recipe a little. In case you are wondering- YES, I am totally having some loss of control issues. I checked in from the office a few times today and found out that she didn't start the crock pot until 3:30! Holy Shit! What have I done? She didn't get to the few other things that I asked her to do either! I broke out in hives and had to breathe into a paper bag. We are going to all starve and die!

I got home at the regular time. The house smelled great. ( OK- I admit I added a little curry powder to the crock pot when she wasn't looking) The kids were fed and happy. I took off my coat and tie and sat down with my family. As it turned out, dinner was great. Life is good. I need therapy for my control issues.

She even took pictures so I could post about it. Isn't that special?



5 comments:

  1. He left out the part where I screwed up the biscuit topping part because I thought you just put the pre-made raw ones straight into the crock pot (like you would with bisquick mix). Apparently not - it took an hour for those damn biscuits to cook. But they were pretty good when they were done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband likes to cook do and admittedly does most of it. I don't mind. :)

    And by the way, he would totally freak too if I were given instructions. Actually, he'd come in to check no matter what. I don't think he trusts me. Humph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny post! I bet dinner was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. B cooks more than I do too, but not ALL of it! I think you need to inspire him...

    ReplyDelete